Ni Hao! Molly Yingjin's adoption is official. We spent the morning at the civil affairs office and the notary office getting all of the interviews completed. We promised over and over that we really wanted to be Molly Yingjin's parents and that we would never abandon or abuse her. I can't imagine not wanting to be her parents. She has been funny and sad, but an obviously well cared for and well-loved little girl. The director of the children's area saw us again this morning, and spent alot of time talking to Ying Jin. She mentioned Mama and Baba several times. She had also asked us about how things went. She was amused when Molly told her that she slept in one bed while Mei Mei and Mama slept in another. Molly is very observant and spends time each day picking things up around the room. She is obviously used to having everything in its place. The director explained to her that she would be traveling on a plane to her new home, that much we could understand of the conversation. Molly was a little teary eyed when the director finally said goodbye, and I am sure that we might have some grieving another time about this. This director was the person that actually named Ying Jin, so I know it was hard for her to say goodbye. We got some pictures developed from the cameras that we sent the orphanage and had doubles made and gave them to Molly. She looked a little sad, but did share them with us.
Molly making her agreement to the adoption - her handprint in red.
Faith had a particularly hard day today. Didn't want to share Daddy with Molly and had several tearful meltdowns. I think reality is soaking in. Fortunately, our prayers have been answered and Molly is very accepting of Faith. It is so wonderful to hear them laughing and playing. I don't know if I mentioned this before but Molly was not called Ying Jin at the orphanage but went by GunGun (JinJin in Cantonese). It is very difficult to pronounce, but so far the only name that we can get her to respond too. Faith is calling her Molly and trying GunGun. We'll have to see how this will all work out.
Faith checking to see if Molly is smilingWell, I'm going to go to bed. Another long day tomorrow. Thanks so much for all the comments and prayers. We have read every one's comments and emails. Thank you, they mean so much!
2 comments:
OH YEAH!!
Molly, you are such a blessed little girl to be a forever part of the Crist family. And to have them all love you.
Crist Family, you are so very blessed with three beautiful gifts from God..
We are rejoicing with you and praying for you every time God brings you to mind(which is very frequently)!
Lisa & Sarah Jade
Hello All,
What beauties you have. Contratulations again. Glad to hear it is all official. Last night when I was telling Mario about Molly meeting you and calling you by name, I could help but be overcome my emotions and cry, Mario had tears as well. Thank you for allowing us to follow your journey and be a part of this special joining. You are always in our prayers and we think of you often We can't wait to finally meet Molly. See you next week.
With love,
Julie, Mario, Annelise and Kiara-Maria
Post a Comment